Online Craps: The Whole Story
It is believed that it is extremely lucky to have a beautiful lady blow on the dice before they are rolled in a game of craps.
Craps is thought to have originated as early as the time of the crusaders and that the French and British brought it to America in the game’s early form called ‘Hazards’. Since then the game evolved into what we know as craps and has become exceptionally popular and has been featured in countless books and movies.
Craps can be quite an intimidating game for the novice player as it is quite intricate but craps can be a very rewarding and enjoyable game once players get the hang of it. Online craps can be somewhat easier than craps played on a casino floor. This is because online craps doesn’t have the noise, bustle and distractions of a live table. Players may find that they can think more clearly during an online craps game.
Although craps does seem complicated, there are ultimately only 2 bets that can be placed which will be explained in detail in the next section. The other betting options can be seen as side bets. Simply, the objective aim of craps is to accurately predict the roll of two dice. The player can either bet for the dealer to win or for themselves to win.
Best NZ Online Craps Casinos
||$100+ 140 Free Spins||Best for NZ oriented online casino||Play Now|
||$1000||Full statistical information available for players who want to play Craps with an edge||Play Now|
||$1600||Learn to play Craps for free and enjoy a variety of betting limits & options||Play Now|
Craps Rules and How it Works
- Firstly, players need to choose an online casino at which to play craps. Thankfully craps is different at almost all of the best casinos in New Zealand. There is a wide selection available and we have listed some of our favorite casinos that offer craps in a later section. Once players have chosen a casino they will need to register as a player and will usually receive a welcome bonus when paying their first deposit.
- The next step is for the player to decide what chip size they would like to play with and then they need to start thinking about how they would like to bet. The two main bets are ‘Pass Bet’ and ‘Don’t Pass Bet’. ‘Pass’ is a bet that is on the shooter (dice roller) to win and ‘Don’t Pass’ is a bet on the shooter to lose.
- There are a few other side bets that include ‘Don’t Place Odds’, ‘Come Bet’ and ‘Don’t Come Bet’. These bets are all connected to the original ‘Pass’ and ‘Don’t Pass’ bets and players should experiment with these options with the minimum bets to get a feel for how they work.
- Once a player is happy with their bets they should go ahead and press the ‘roll’ button. This will activate the dice roll and once they have stopped the results will be revealed. Based on your bets, you will either win or lose the game and will have the option to play again.
Craps Strategies and Systems
Craps betting strategies are relatively straightforward and can be compared to blackjack and roulette betting systems.
In craps, it is best to learn strategies practically as well as theoretically and for that reason we advise that new players play a few free demo games of craps before they start betting with real money. This will give them a feel for the game as well as some confidence when placing bets.
Three Point Molly Strategy- This strategy involves the player having 3 numbers working for them at all times. In this strategy the player will need to place a ‘Pass’ bet and then place single or double odds on it. The player should then place a ‘Come’ bet and back that up with a single or double odds bet too. Whenever a ‘Come’ Bet wins, the player should place another bet on it and repeat this until the shooter rolls a seven. This strategy allows the player to protect their ‘Pass’ bet with their ‘Come’ bet.
Most craps strategies are based on splitting up your bets so that you can cover as many bases as possible with as little money as possible. At the end of the day craps is a game of luck and no one can ever accurately predict what number the dice will land on each time.
Reasons to Love Online Craps
- Online craps is a very interesting game with a wide variety of betting options that should hold players interest and excitement.
- Online craps is much easier than live table games as there are less distractions and players have time to think about and place their bets with no pressure.
- You can play online craps at anytime you feel as you don’t need to wait for other players to join the table.
Betting In Craps
As we already mentioned, there are only two bets in Craps that you necessarily have to understand in order to play the game. These are the Pass and the Don’t Pass bets, which is what players will be betting on when a round begins.
So what does this mean? Well, basically you will be betting on the outcome of your first roll. If you bet Pass, you will lose the bet if the sum of your roll is 2, 3 or 12. If the sum is 7 or 11 you win instantly, whereas if the roll comes 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10, this number becomes the Point and you keep rolling. If you roll one of these numbers and it becomes a point, you need to roll that exact number again, before you roll a seven. If you roll a seven, you lose. If you roll the Point, you win. If you roll anything else, you keep rolling.
The Don’t Pass bet is kind of the opposite of the Pass bet. If you roll 2 or 3 on your come out bet, you win. If you roll 7 or 11, you lose. The real difference between Pass and Don’t Pass is that if the come out roll is 12, you Push, meaning you get your money back and that’s it. All other sums become the Point, and you need to roll 7 before you roll the Point again when betting Don’t Pass which makes this bet almost the exact opposite of Pass, with the exception of the 12 come out roll.
It is important to understand that Craps is in fact one of the more favourable casino games for the players, with house edge on the basic Pass and Don’t Pass bets being at about 1.4% and other bet adding further edge to the casino. This is why most players will not bet further after the Pass/Don’t Pass bet, but some players do still keep playing if they are feeling lucky, as trying to get lucky is why most people gamble in the first place.
Yes, several online casinos accept Bitcoin deposits, allowing for faster and more convenient transactions. However, it is essential to review the specific rules and policies of each online casino regarding Bitcoin deposits before making any transactions.
The legality of online casino games varies by jurisdiction. Some gambling sites restrict access to players from countries where they are not licensed to operate. It is important to check the laws and regulations regarding online gambling in your specific location.
Yes, you can play craps on the mobile app of the specific casino mentioned. Additionally, many reputable online craps sites are mobile-optimized, allowing you to play on your mobile browser or through their dedicated app.
Yes, you can enjoy free craps games at our recommended online casinos. It’s a great way to practice and familiarize yourself with the game before playing with real money. Simply select the ‘Demo Play’ option in the casino lobby to play for free.
Online craps offers the same odds and rules as the casino version. The advantage is the ability to control the pace of the game and place bets without the rush of a crowded casino.