Online Roulette: The Whole Story
Roulette is often called ‘The Devil’s Game, not because it is evil but because all the numbers on the table add up to 666.
Roulette is one of the oldest casino games, and although it is based entirely on luck, it is very entertaining to watch the while ball roll around the wheel and try guessing where it may land. Many new NZ casinos now use live tables with live dealers to make the online experience more exciting.
The wheel used in roulette has 38 slots separated by frets. There are 36 number slots of alternating red and black numbers; There are also the numbers 0 and 00 (the 00 only occurs in American roulette), which are in green. European roulette’s house edge is only 2.7 % as there is no 00 on the wheel, and American roulette’s house edge is as high as 5.26 because of that extra number.
Roulette aims to accurately predict where the ball will land on the wheel and place a bet on that prediction. There are a few different betting options and a few variants of the roulette game itself.
Best Roulette Sites In New Zealand
||$1100+ 375 Free Spins||Enjoy 3D roulette with CasiGo or play special low stake roulette for casual players||Play Now|
||$1000+ 200 Free Spins||Zoom roulette for ultra-fast action and high roller roulette tables||Play Now|
||$1000||Have fun with impressive Gold Series Roulette at Spin Casino||Play Now|
Roulette Rules and How it Works
- Firstly, players will be asked to place their bets. Players can place their bets by setting chips in various places on the betting map.
- ‘Inside’ bets or bets played on specific numbers have higher paying odds than ‘outside’ bets, which are more general and not number specific. Outside bets allow players to bet on colors, odds, or even rows or groups of numbers.
- Each table will have different, predetermined minimum and maximum bets that players must adhere to. Each player will usually be assigned a different chip color so chances can be told apart from each other. Players will also be asked what they would like the value of each chip to be.
- At the start of each game, the dealer will give the players time to place their bets and then throw the ivory ball into the air. It will land on the track, and the dealer should call ‘No more bets’ as the ball falls onto the wheel, where the ball should spin for a while before settling.
- Once the ball settles on a number, a marker will be placed on the winning bets. The losing bets will then be cleared from the table, and the winners will receive their winnings. Another round is then started, and the process repeats itself.
Roulette Strategies and Systems
It is essential to know that roulette is purely a game of luck, and each game has the same odds as the game before, and the odds remain the same for every spin. The most discussed strategies will show players how to cover many numbers in little bets.
Betting on 35 numbers - For this strategy to reap results, you will need to win 36 times for every loss. Thus it is quite a risky system. Players like to use this system as the profit earned by winning on an inside bet is usually relatively high and can make this strategy seem more profitable. This is because although a win on an inside bet is high, the player will still lose their bet on all the other inside numbers they bet on.
The Hollandish - This system is based on betting on either black or red. The first bet the player will wager will be just one monetary unit of the player’s choice. Once the player has won, they should increase their bet by two teams to make up for their previous losses, and once they have increased the units by two again. This is a reasonably non-aggressive and quite conservative strategy; it just may be hard for new players to track what they have won and lost.
Fibonacci System - This is possibly the most famous roulette betting strategy, and the concept has been used in many areas, not just gambling. The Fibonacci sequence of 1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34-55-etc determines the bet size as the game progresses. The system gradually increases betting sizes and is easy to follow as the new betting site is created by adding the previous two bets.
Odds in Roulette
You will have the best odds at roulette if you place inside bets. These bets include single-number bets or a combination of numbers next to each other on the table.
Outside bets are placed on the boxes that are around the numbers. You do not place a bet on a specific number here, and you bet on colors, odd or even numbers, rows, or groups of numbers.
The house edge in American roulette is way higher than in European roulette. So the house advantage in the European wheel is only 2.7 percent due to the single zero, and the house edge in the American roulette goes as high as 5.26 percent thanks to the single zero and the double zero on the wheel.
Top 5 Playing Tips
We will show you a couple of ways to cover a large portion of the table.
- You can start with something specific: bet on 35 numbers. This can be a precarious deal. Let`s look at it this way: if you place 1 Euro on 35 numbers, you will only end up with 1 euro profit and 35 Euros lost. So, for this system to work, you need to have 36 wins for every loss, and if you are reasonable enough, you will know that this is unlikely to happen.
- Another risky move is to place a bet on 17 splits. This way, you are covering only 34 numbers. One advantage here is that you bet 17 Euros to cover this bet, but the result is again 1 Euro profit and 17 Euros lost, which is a lot.
- If you place a bet on 11 streets, you will cover 33 numbers.
- If you place a bet on 5 Double Streets, you will cover 30 numbers.
- Placed a bet on numbers from 1 to 18; on the third dozen, you will cover 30 numbers by doing this.
It is true that with these bets, you cover almost all the numbers on the roulette table, but this is not a way to play. You might have guessed the number that the ball will land, but your wins will not cover your loss.
There are two different variations of this game, and they are American and European roulette. Once you learn these games, you will know which offers the best odds at a roulette game. The first thing you need to know is what the roulette table looks like and what kind of bets you can place on it.
The main difference between these two most popular variations, American and European roulette, is in that one extra slot, which is not on your side. Usually, players avoid American roulette, and they advise new players to choose the European variation because it is better. The odds of winning are way better when you play European roulette.
An even better version than European roulette is French roulette, which is the same except for the La Partage rule, which increases the odds in favor of the player.
Roulette is a great game. You can play online roulette for as long as you want if you use some gambling strategies and do not lose much money. To find the best online roulette, visit our recommended sites and start spinning the wheel.
Reasons to love online roulette.
- Roulette is extremely popular, and almost every online casino offers this game, so players have endless options when deciding where to play roulette; Allslots NZ casino is a great place to try your roulette skills.
- Roulette is the perfect game for novice players as it is straightforward to learn, and just simply playing on either black or red gives you pretty good odds of 1:1.
- You can play online roulette anytime, as you do not need to wait for other players to join the table.
At reputable online casinos, you can typically find a wide range of roulette variants, including classic European and American versions, as well as unique online-only variants like Multi-Ball and Multi-Table roulette, and even branded games based on popular franchises such as Marvel Superheroes.
No, most online casinos offer the option to either download a dedicated software client or play instantly through your web browser using Flash games. The choice is yours based on your preferences.
We understand the importance of playing real-money roulette in a safe and secure environment, where fairness and data protection are prioritized.
By meeting the casino’s playing requirements, you can take advantage of generous welcome bonuses that can boost your bankroll.
Most online roulette casinos will list their ‘payout percentages’ on their site somewhere, but these figures can vary – often wildly – from casino to casino. The percentage is similar to the RTP (Return to Player Percentage) listed for online slots.