Rules of Roulette
Playing roulette is so easy. You only need to place your bet on the table and the dealer spins the wheel and you have to wait whether the ball will land on the number you have chosen or not.
Roulette wheel double zero, also known as American Roulette, is one of the most popular roulette variations known. This wheel has 38 slots. There are the usual numbers that go from 1 through 36 and the numbers 0 and 00. All the numbers are either black or red and the zeros are green.
Odds in Roulette
The main reason that roulette is such a fun game is that there are many ways that you can place a bet. You can make not only single bets but also a combination of bets and enjoy the action.
There are two main bets that you can place:
- Inside bets
- Outside bets
You will have best odds at roulette if you place inside bets. These bets include single number bets or a combination of numbers that are next to each other on the table.
Outside bets are placed on the boxes that are around the numbers. You do not place a bet on a specific number here. You bet on colors, on odd or even numbers, rows or group of numbers.
The house edge in the American roulette is way higher than the house edge on the European roulette. So the house advantage in European wheel is only 2.7 percent due to the single zero and the house edge in the American roulette goes as high as 5.26 percent thanks to the single zero and the double zero that are on the wheel.
One very important live casino roulette strategy is to try different betting systems always. But in reality you should not count on any of them, because at the end you will be disappointed. Every experienced player follows some betting systems that they have tried before. We will talk about different roulette strategies in our next article.
Top 5 Playing tips
We will show you a couple of different ways how to cover a large portion of the table.
- You can start by something certain and that is to bet on 35 numbers. This can be a very risky deal. Let`s look at it this way. If you place 1 Euro on 35 numbers that means that you will only end up with 1 euro profit and 35 Euros lost. So, for this system to work you need to have 36 wins for every lost, and if you are reasonable enough you will know that this is something that is unlikely to happen.
- Another risky move is to place a bet on 17 splits. This way you are covering only 34 numbers. One advantage here is that you bet 17 Euros to cover this bet but the ending result is again 1 Euro profit and 17 Euros lost, which again is a lot.
- If you place a bet on 11 streets you will cover 33 numbers.
- If you place a bet on 5 Double Streets you will cover 30 numbers.
- If you place a bet on numbers from 1 to 18 and on the third dozen you will cover 30 numbers by doing this.
It is true that with these bets you cover almost all the numbers on the roulette table but this is not a way to play. You might have guessed the number that the ball will land but your wins are not going to cover your loss.
Basically there are two different variations of this game and they are American and European roulette. Once you learn these games you will know which one offers the best odds at a roulette game. First thing you need to know is how the roulette table looks like and after that what kind of bets you can place on it.
The main difference between these two most popular variations, American and European roulette is in that one extra slot, which is not on your side. Usually players avoid American roulette and they advise new players to always choose the European variation because it is better. The odds of winning are way better when you play European roulette.
An even better version than the European roulette is French roulette. It is basically the same except for the La Partage rule which increases the odds in favor of the player.
Roulette is a great game. You can play online roulette for as long as you want if you use some gambling strategies and not lose a lot of money. If you want to find the best online roulette you should visit our recommended sites and start spinning the wheel.