Winter is Coming
Oh yes, Winter is definitely coming, at least that’s what the dark look of this game makes you believe. Obviously when we see Game of Thrones, no one expected daisies and rainbow unicorns, so the gloomy setting is not a surprise although I suspect it can get rather old after long periods of play. When starting the game you’ll be treated to a short intro, featuring some key clips from the television series, more of which can be found as the game progresses. The iconic Game of Thrones theme song, A Song of Fire and Ice, has been chosen as the soundtrack although you do get access to the extended version which has a little more variety.
Game of Reels
Microgaming has developed another great 5 reel game here but offer you a deviation from the start that’s unfamiliar in pokie games. When loading the game you have the option to choose between 15 pay lines or Microgaming’s famous “243 ways to win”. Whichever you select, be sure that you’ll have ample opportunity to increase your treasury. Bets range from 0.15 to 3 coins which doesn’t provide a large variation but with the bonus games you’ll receive up to 5x multiplier which will keep things very interesting.
You’ll see 4 unique house symbols in this game, each utilizing a code of arms from one of the 4 main houses listed below.
- House Baratheon’s crest is adorned by the yellow stag which represents their raw power.
- House Lannister. Their crest is filled with red behind a golden lion.
- House Stark, known for keeping vicious dire wolves as pets and thus you’ll find the silver wolf on their family crest.
- Last but certainly not least is house Targaryen, represented by the fearsome red and black dragons, tamed by the mother of dragons herself.
The Wild symbol is represented by the Game of Thrones logo while you’ll also find a Scatter symbols represented by the highly sought after Iron Throne. The wild symbol acts as a substitute for other symbols to complete winning lines while the Scatter symbol is used to unlock the bonus features.
Game of Thrones Pokie offer you a multitude of free spins and multipliers depending on where your allegiances lie. Choose the right house to serve and you could win a jackpot amount of $121 000 with the right combination of bonuses, your fortune is in your hands.
A Lannister Always Pays His Debts
And indeed they will have the chance to do so. Should you find 2 or more scatter symbols anywhere on the reels you’ll be presented with 4 banners that represent the 4 houses. You’ll be asked to choose the house you wish to serve as each comes with their own set of advantages.
- House Baratheon will grant you a lowly 8 free spins but will multiply any winnings by 5. The Baratheon symbols will additionally be stacked by 3.
- The Lannisters will up the free spins to 10 but decrease the multiplier to 4x. Their symbols will be stacked by 4.
- The Stark family, loyal and true will provide 14 free spins along with a 3x multiplier and 5 stacked symbols.
- House Targaryen, will grant 18 free spins and 6 stacked symbols although you’ll only receive a 2x multiplier.
Additionally you can also unlock the Gamble feature which will find you travelling through the kingdom of Westeros. Along the road to riches you’ll come across well known aspects of the show like the 3 eyed raven, the white walkers, dire wolves and dragons. At each stop you’ll be presented with a winning value and given a Braavosi coin to flip. Predict the outcome of the coin flip correctly and you’ll win the amount shown.
Microgaming has done well with this adaptation of the extremely popular series. The theme and music do well to convey all that Game of Thrones embody and the symbols representing the houses are well designed to showcase what the families stand for. Fans of the series will find plenty to enjoy here and the bonus game selection will have some fans reconsider their loyalties. However, the Game of Thrones pokie game offers enough variety that even those who’ve never seen the show will still find plenty to enjoy with the mix of free spins and multipliers available in the bonus game. Unfortunately if you are not familiar with the show, you’ll probably find the theme and soundtrack rather gloomy and won’t appreciate the occasional clips taken from the show which diehard fans will see as one of the best features of the game.