Live Dealer Rules and How it Works
- Firstly, players need to choose an online casino at which to play live dealer games. We have listed 10 of our favourite online casinos that offer live dealer in a later section.
- Once players have created an account with their chosen casino they will need to choose a casino game. Almost all table games are offered in live dealer versions but it is a good idea to choose a game that you are familiar with. Online roulette is a good choice for new players as it is very simple and has relatively good odds.
- Players should ensure that they have a good internet connection before playing an online dealer game. If their connection times out they may have to forfeit their bets. Live dealer games do not come in offline versions for obvious reasons.
- Players will then need to log onto a game that is listed as available. Players may need to wait a little for a hand to end before they can join in on their chosen game. The game may just be between the player and the dealer or there may be other online players in on the game too. Players should be able to see fellow player information as well as their own and of course live dealer.
- The dealer will ask players to place their bets and the game will begin. If it is a card game, the dealer will usually scan each card as they deal it so everything comes up electronically as well as physically. Players are allowed to speak to the dealers but players who are crude and disrespectful to dealers will get reported and most likely banned. Players are also allowed to tip the dealers. Many players have favourite dealers that they go back to again and again.
Live Dealer Games Strategies and Systems
Live dealer games cover a range of table games, including blackjack, roulette, poker, craps and baccarat among others. Because of this, it is hard to give strategic advice for general live dealer games as each game has its own strategies. It is a good idea for new players to play free, electronic versions of their preferred table games to get the feel of the game and understand what it takes to win.
When players begin playing live dealer games they should begin with betting with the minimum bets available as to minimize the risk of losing too much money in the beginning. Once players gain confidence they can start betting higher but stick to the golden rule of never betting more than they can afford to use. There is also lots of strategic advice and material available online that deals with specific games. It is also important to remember that most table games are based on luck and no strategy can guarantee wins.
The most popular variants of the classic table games roulette and blackjack players can try in live dealer online casinos are the Playboy Live dealer section and the Bet Behind feature on live dealer Blackjack. Both of these live dealer casino games can be found in our best live casino operators, Jackpot City and Royal Vegas.
The bet behind feature allows for players to bet on another players hand if he is on a winning streak while playing their own game at the same time. This is an interesting feature that was almost exclusive to brick and mortar casinos, but the live dealer software changed that fact.
The Playboy live dealer section offers the most popular table game like live baccarat, live blackjack and live roulette. As the name suggests the entire game floor is designed in bright red and black colors, adding a feeling of glamour, while the dealers are dressed in the recognizable Playboy bunny uniforms. It’s no wonder why the Playboy section is almost exclusive to male online gamblers.
Innovations from Evolution Gaming
One company saw the opportunity of creating a novelty in the online gambling industry, something that would bring the real live casino games closer to the player, increasing the level of player confidence. This company names Evolution Gaming started their industry changing project from their small offices in Riga, Latvia. The whole idea was to create a real casino floor right there in the office buildings, with real live tables and real live dealers to operate them. The entire game play was to be streamed directly to the casino operators by using HD cameras which recorded with over 200 frames per second. This software would allow the player a true live dealer casino games experience which was unmatched to anything offered before by online casinos.
This is how the live casino concept was born. After the entire project was completed and ready for installment all that Evolution Gaming needed was a reputable online casino brand to be the first to implement it. The potential the live dealer offered was recognized by the Gala Coral Group in 2007. After the license was signed the first live casino online was born marking the expansion of the Evolution Gaming live casino games software provider.
Reasons to love online live dealer games
- Online live dealer games give the feel of a real casino but can be played from the comfort of players’ homes.
- The online dealers are known for being friendly and interactive and you can choose a dealer that appeals to you.
- Live dealer games are popular and can be played from many different online casinos.